HPE™ and Big Switch Networks® are enabling modern data centers with software-defined networking solutions
The partnership enables enterprise data centers to achieve significant cost savings and operational efficiencies, with:
- Big Cloud Fabric™, is the industry’s first data center fabric built using SDN controller software and open networking hardware switches. Embracing hyper-scale data center design principles, the Big Cloud Fabric solution delivers intelligence, agility and deployment flexibility
- Big Monitoring Fabric™, is the next-generation network packet broker, delivering pervasive visibility and DMZ security at scale. Network operators can now see fast and act fast to defend the network and ensure high-performance delivery of services and applications.
The vision of highly scalable, flexible, programmatically accessible networks has been a driving force in software defined networking over the past several years. Through the partnership with Big Switch Networks, HPE customers will have access to the advanced feature sets enabled by Big Cloud Fabric and Big Monitoring Fabric SDN software. By integrating Altoline Open Networking Switching hardware from HPE with Big Switch SDN software, Customers will gain the advantage of dramatically simplifying deployment and management of data center switching fabric, network management and visibility, while reducing overall costs and improving operations - all with the reassurance of HPE’s world class global support and services.
The partnership delivers modern networking fabrics for data centers looking to achieve with flexibility, agility and cost savings.
Big Cloud Fabric™
Leaf-Spine Clos Fabric for VMware and OpenStack Data Centers
Take the Big Switch Networks SDN Challenge: Automate your VMware or OpenStack Networks with 16x faster configuration and upgrades, 4x faster application deployment and issue resolution and troubleshooting.
Typical BCF deployment scenarios include
- VMware SDDC workloads ( vSphere , NSX , vSAN )
- Containerized workloads
- Private clouds
- VDI workloads
- Big Data
- Software Defined Storage (SDS).
Big Cloud Fabric is designed from the ground up to satisfy the requirements of physical, virtual or combination of physical and virtual workloads. Some of the typical deployment scenarios include:
- Private/Public Clouds - >OpenStack (Nova or Neutron) / VMware (NSX or vSphere) / CloudStack
- High Performance Computing / Big Data / Software Defined Storage Pods
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Pods
Big Monitoring Fabric™
Simple, Scalable & Economical Monitoring for Pervasive Security.
Big Monitoring Fabric is a specialized, ultra-low cost visibility fabric for your entire network - selectively delivering traffic to multiple security, monitoring, performance measurement and compliance tools—both Inline and Out-of-Band.
Big Monitoring Fabric features SDN design principles and delivers a set of unique features that enable troubleshooting in a 10/40GE network, including in-built advanced analytics, enable visibility and threat mitigation in the DMZ, provide tap-sharing, multi-tenant monitoring fabric, Big Mon also provides a flexible, SDN-programmable visibility infrastructure for monitoring VMware SDDC, OpenStack and Public cloud VPC environments. By addressing the challenges faced by traditional solutions while offering lower-cost and SDN-centric operational simplicity Big-Mon provides industry’s best in class monitoring and security solution.
With Big Monitoring Fabric scale-out architecture, simplified operations and bare metal switch economics, it is rapidly becoming an attractive replacement for NPBs, creating a few popular use cases:
- Enable Pervasive Security (monitor inline and out-of-band - global visibility with dynamic mitigation)
- Monitor Every Rack or Location (monitor every link in the network and remote DCs/POPs/sites)
- 4G / LTE Traffic Visibility (monitor tunneled control and data traffic)
Some of the typical deployment scenarios include:
- DMZ Security Tool Chaining
- Multi-tenant Security Monitoring
- 10G/40G/100G DC Visibility
- 4G/LTE Network Visibility
- VM/Container/Cloud Visibility
HPE Networking Solutions
Scalability, Customer Choice and Affordable Capacity
Open networking solutions from Hewlett Packard Enterprise free you from vendor lock-in and give you the ability to scale your cloud data center network to meet your business requirements, while using the resources that best suit your needs and lowering your costs.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, we transform industries, markets and lives. Open networking solutions from HPE free you from vendor lock-in. We also give you the ability to scale your cloud data center network to meet your business requirements, while using the resources that best suit your needs and lowering your costs.
Big Cloud Fabric and Big Monitoring Fabric together with HPE Altoline strengthen HPE’s growing commitment to open networking.
- Avoid Vendor Lock-in. Disaggregated networking solutions give you the choice to build networks that best suit your business needs.
- Scale without Limits. Use reliable CLOS fabrics and L3 networking to scale your cloud data center to match your application needs.
- Accelerate Innovation. With lower TCO, businesses can invest in innovations that will reduce time to service and boost competitiveness and customer satisfaction.